What’s one of the biggest opportunities in the cosmetics industry right now? Personal grooming and makeup for men. In this article, we are going to unpack the top trends we are seeing across this explosive industry!
1. Makeup for men is no longer taboo
Cosmetics and beauty products were once a niche that was exclusively reserved for women. Today, with men’s grooming and male makeup booming, that’s no longer the case. Forecasted to reach US$166 billion globally by 2022, the men’s personal care market is one of the fastest growing beauty niches.
2. We need more education in the beauty market
In order to continue to increase adoption of male beauty products, companies need to change the way men are marketed to. Whether companies are leveraging YouTube influencers to create videos, or developing eye-catching imagery on Instagram, increased education will be critical to increase usage.
As long-term thinkers who are less susceptible to impulse buying, men need to be educated on products available to them. Companies need to educate their male audience on the benefits of the products and why they need them.
3. There is a lack of products made for men
Companies like Dollar Shave Club have helped establish male-only beauty brands, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg. This growing industry not only needs an increase in the number of products, but an increase in the types of products available to men.
While we are still in the early days of this flourishing industry, there is still a lot of work to do when it comes to market penetration of grooming and makeup products for men.
4. Concealers, brow kits and lip balms are gaining traction quickly
The two most popular makeup for men we are seeing right now is concealer and brow kits.
Get a natural glow in an instant? Sign me up. Concealers should be everyone’s go-to when it comes to covering up dark circles, blemishes, sun spots, or even knicks from a razor.
As for a brow kit – who wants bushy caterpillars on their face? The perfect brow kit will help get even the most rugged eyebrows under control.
5. Male cosmetics is more than just makeup!
From manscaping to makeup, the male beauty industry is ripe for disruption. With this segment growing quickly, there’s lots of room for products to improve the lives of men. Here are some categories we are especially excited about:
· Beard care: With hipster beards on trend right now, men need the right products to stay fresh. Beard creams, waxes, oils and trimmers are some of the most popular products on the market right now.
· Skin care: As men become more conscious about personal care, their skincare routine takes priority. Face washes, toners, serums and moisturizers are just a few products that men are increasingly adding to their skincare regime.
· Hair care: Healthy locks aren’t just meant for women. Whether it’s a natural line of sulphate-free hair care or products that reduce hair loss, there is growing demand for haircare products made specifically for men.
The men’s personal grooming industry is growing, making it the perfect niche to start an online business.
At blanka, we help anyone start a private label brand in under 30 minutes. Our vegan, cruelty-free, sulphate-free, gluten free formulas are perfect for anyone and everyone! We have the perfect line of products suitable for skincare and makeup for men. Plus, all products ship from North America, there is NO MOQ, and we offer dropshipping!