Instagram monetization is when you want to turn your Instagram followers into customers. After all, having an audience who consumes your content is a viable way to earn extra money on the side these days!
This article will break down ways to monetize Instagram followers by selling your own branded beauty products. Below are some absolute-musts when it comes to Instagram monetization.
Ways to Monetize Instagram by Selling Products
- Start with a Product
- Utilize Instagram Shops
- Create Instagram Reels
- Experiment with Instagram Live Shopping
- Teach What You Know
- Create a Consistent Feed
Stay tuned because at the bottom of the article, we will list out more tips on how you can market your Instagram effectively.
Start with a Product
Beauty and skincare products are on the rise and there seems to be no end in sight for this industry’s growth!
The first option is to make your own products at home. Some things to consider:
- Do you have space to make your own products at home?
- Do you have a low temperature space to store your products?
- Do your at-home products abide by your country’s regulations (e.g, FDA Regulations)
Here are some additional guides on how to create your own beauty products:
Making at-home products can seem like the easiest alternative However, this will be equivalent to a full time job. Making your own products will require you to keep track of inventory, handle shipping and fulfilment, and marketing, all at the same time.
If you want to monetize Instagram on the side without too much hassle, making products at home might not be the option for you.
The other option is called private labeling. When you work with a supplier to create your own branded products, you might be surprised to learn that this is often a more cost effective option than making products at home!
Because private labeling takes away your responsibilities of having to manufacture and package the products, you can focus on marketing to the maximum.
You can learn more about how blanka can help you private label beauty and skincare products with zero minimums in 5 easy steps.
Utilize Instagram Shops
With over 1 billion users and counting, Instagram’s growth shows how large the potential market is to sell your beauty and skincare products. When you open your Shop on Instagram, you can make it easy for your followers to shop straight out of Instagram.
💡 blanka Glossary: Shops is Instagram’s latest feature where businesses can sell their products directly in the app for the user to have a fullscreen, immersive shopping experience. People can browse, discover, and buy through a businesses’ Feed or Story.
When you sell your products on Instagram Shops, you are helping your customers have a seamless shopping experience. From when they first discover your product in Instagram to when they want to purchase, they never have to leave Instagram!
Lastly, your products can get featured in the Shopping section of Instagram where people have a high purchase intent. People are going to Instagram Shops to find out what products are being used by influencers and to purchase them.
Take advantage of this feature and watch your sales grow.
Create Instagram Reels
You have 15 seconds to showcase your product. What would you film?
Instagram Reels are one of the best ways to keep your followers engaged with your brand. The more Reels you make, the wider of an audience you can capture and connect with.
💡 blanka Glossary: Instagram Reels are 15 to 30 second multi-clip videos with audio, effects, and creative tools. You can create Reels that are promotional, fun, explanatory, to reach wider audiences on Instagram.
Here’s are some helpful guides to help you create Instagram Reels
- How to Create Instagram Reels
- 5 Instagram Reels Ideas for Small Business Owners (Video)
- Full Instagram Reels Tutorial (Video)
Pro tip: Re-create trending Instagram Reels to have a higher chance for your Reel to go viral.
Experiment with Instagram Live Shopping
Here’s your chance to collaborate with others, market your new products, and educate your audience about your brand and your products.
With your Instagram Business account, ensure that you’re a U.S.-based creator and have access to Instagram Checkout. Once you have your product catalogue set up in Instagram Shops, then it’s time for you to start going Live!
💡 Blanka Glossary: Instagram Checkout is a feature where customers can directly purchase products from U.S. Business accounts without ever leaving Instagram. It is a secured form of payment in the Instagram app.
Use these Live Streams to showcase new products, make a how-to, interview other creators, and take the opportunity to engage and create intimate interactions with your audience on the next level.
Teach what you know
When you share free knowledge and value with your audience, they will trust and get hooked on you and your brand.
Luckily for us, there is an ever-growing demand for more information to get the best skin or create the most beautiful makeup look.
How do you use Vitamin C serum? How can you best apply lipstick with lip liners? Why are vegan products good for our skin?
Not only do you prove to everyone that you’re a leader in the niche, you also build a foundation of your followers trusting your information and then purchasing your beauty and skincare products.
Instagram monetization – teach what you know bonus ideas:
- Weekly tip series where you share your favorite tips when applying skincare or makeup
- Create an “Ask Me Anything” series on your Instagram stories
- Create “How-To’s” that have your own flair and style to the videos
- Post Instagram Carousels of fun facts or helpful information around cosmetics and skincare
Create a consistent feed
This one’s not a surprise! Choose a theme to stick with and create an aesthetically pleasing feed. A consistent theme will represent your brand’s personality and help your feed look organized and welcoming.
One of the best things about creating a consistent feed is that it will be easier for you to edit your photos in all the same ways.
Creative Market has Instagram Presets that you can download and use forever ranging from $2-$80.
After you’ve edited your product photos, you can use tools like Later or Preview to arrange your Instagram grid before you post them to the public. This is where you can get creative with your feed!
Blanka’s Spring Instagram campaign utilizes both product and nature images that is consistent throughout.
Bonus Instagram Marketing Tips
Here are 4 bonus tips to help you organically grow and market your Instagram page.
- Post consistently: Choose the same 2-3 days where you will post on Instagram. This action reminds your audience that your products are around for when they decide to purchase.
- Non-stop Instagram stories: Get higher engagement this way through different features you can freely use in Instagram Stories. From Q&A to polls, day by day, your audience will feel more connected to your brand as they contribute their opinions and responses.
- Interact organically with people in the niche: Spend some time each day to like and genuinely comment/compliment on other people’s Instagram posts and stories. You can find specific niches through hashtag searches and the discovery page. This helps you put your brand forward as an expert in the beauty niche.
- Active engagement: After you publish an Instagram post, within the next 1-2 hours, respond to their comments with more than 4-5 words. This helps boost your Instagram post’s popularity through active engagement.
Instagram monetization through selling your own branded beauty products is a great way to earn extra income as an influencer.
The ways to monetize Instagram can include using the powerful, free tools that Instagram provides. From engaging Instagram Live videos, to entertaining Instagram Reels, to pushing your products to Shops, growing your beauty business is as seamless as ever!